Information Regarding COVID-19
The safety of our guests and staff is of utmost importance to us at Music City Hotel. Please know that we are continually monitoring the news surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, the California Department of Public Health and the San Francisco Department of Public Health. Please read through below for more information about specific actions we have taken to ensure the health & safety of our guests and staff.
*UPDATE* - February, 2021
Travel + Health Order Updates
- Travel: Tourist & Leisure travel now allowed again in San Francisco!! However, guests arriving from outside the Bay Area must book a reservation for at least 10 days and use that time to quarantine. Several exceptions apply, see more detail here (https://sf.gov/news/sf-reopens-outdoor-dining-personal-care-services-other-activities)
- Health order updated as of January 28th, San Francisco now in purple tier, allowing businesses to open back up, including outdoor dining and personal care services!
- Please be advised that some businesses and facilities in San Francisco have restrictions in places or are operating at a limited capacity. Find out the latest information here: https://sf.gov/stay-home-except-essential-needs
Service & Operational Changes
- Staff and guests are required to wear a mask or face covering at ALL TIMES upon entering the property, and at all times when in hallways, shared restrooms or public areas
- Our Common Room is currently closed to guests at this time.
- Hostel dormitory rooms are open but with occupancy restrictions in place so as to help with social distancing. We have closed off all top bunks to reservations through April 2021. Therefore each dormitory room is currently half of the standard occupancy at any one time (i.e. a six bed dormitory is currently a 3 bed dormitory).
- Masks, as well as personal size hand sanitizer will be available at the property for guests. Contactless hand sanitizer dispensing stations have been installed at the front entrance, as well as throughout the property.
- Cleaning and sanitizing checklists have been implemented among all of our staff for every shift, to ensure thorough and frequent cleaning and sanitizing of all shared workspaces, surfaces, as well as all areas touched by guests and staff.
- All staff will complete a wellness screening checklist at the start of their shift. Any staff member who feels ill in any way, has a temperature, or displays any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to return home, get tested and self-isolate. Our staff has been trained and educated on identifying these symptoms and on proper cleaning procedures and sanitizing methods.
- Any guests who appear sick or show symptoms of COVID-19 at check in will be referred to seek medical attention with local organizations.
- Front desk hours will occur on a limited schedule until early 2021 with front desk staff available daily from 10am - 6pm. For reservations arriving outside these hours, please contact us in advance so we can arrange a self check-in. Staff is available on call outside of these hours to assist with any issues.
- Guests needing service outside of these hours, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org OR call our after hours phone number: (415) 407-2059. We are happy to arrange check in with you outside of our limited service hours.
Through this difficult time, we want you to know that in addition to our high standards of cleanliness, we have been taking proactive measures and steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. These measures include:
- Increased schedule of cleaning by housekeeping and front desk staff for all surfaces, including frequently touched surfaces such as: doorknobs, desks/tables, bathrooms, handrails/bannisters, kitchen surfaces, television remotes/computers, payment terminals, countertops, chairs, light switches etc.
- Increased supply and access to CDC approved disinfectant and cleaning supplies for our guests and staff
- Accountability through cleaning reports to the San Francisco Dept. of Public Health, as per guidelines.
- Cancellation of all hostel events and gatherings through at least mid 2021 (will be re-evaluated on a regular basis and extended if needed)
- Training and updates to staff regarding prevention techniques such as frequent hand-washing, use of gloves, frequent disinfecting of touched areas, use of hand sanitizer, no touching of face
- Information and educational signage at Music City Hotel reminding guests of proper prevention techniques and procedures as well as resources available to them
We ask you to join us during your stay in our commitment to cleanliness and safety as a part of a larger world and community. Please email us directly with any questions related to COVID-19 and/or cleanliness: email@example.com
We understand that COVID-19 has impacted travel plans in a variety of ways, we have extended flexible cancellation and modified our cancellation policies to the following
Applies to all reservations with check in date through the end of May 2021 (will be re-evaluated on a weekly basis)
- Free cancellation for any persons who feel or appear sick
- For all non-refundable reservations, free cancellation offered up until 48 hours to check in date for any guests from WHO travel restricted countries, countries affected by U.S. travel restrictions, guests coming to attend events that are now canceled.
- For all flexible cancellation reservations, a 24 hours cancellation policy still applies, subject to news developments regarding the subjects above that affect the reservation
- If you feel the above policies do not apply to you or have a particular question or situation surrounding cancellation, please email us and let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org