Information Regarding COVID-19
The safety of our guests and staff is of utmost importance to us at Music City Hotel. Please know that we are continually monitoring the news surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, the California Department of Public Health and the San Francisco Department of Public Health. Please read through below for more information about specific actions we have taken to ensure the health & safety of our guests and staff.
*UPDATE* - June, 2020
Music City Hotel is OPEN and accepting reservations!
- Due to current shelter in place orders for the county of San Francisco, from the present until end of July 2020 we are currently accepting reservations only for essential workers, first responders, those needing isolation from current living situation, and for reservations that are needed for essential travel and other activities that are permitted. Please see more information about re-opening guidelines and timelines in San Francisco here: https://sf.gov/information/reopening-san-francisco
- Reservations for Leisure Travel are allowed to begin starting in August, 2020. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Service & Operational Changes
- Staff and guests are required to wear a mask or face covering at ALL TIMES upon entering the property.
- Our Common Room is currently closed to guests at this time.
- Hostel dormitory rooms are open but with occupancy restrictions in place so as to help with social distancing. We have closed off all top bunks to reservations through August 15th, 2020. Therefore each dormitory room is currently half of the standard occupancy at any one time (i.e. a six bed dormitory is currently a 3 bed dormitory).
- Masks, as well as personal size hand sanitizer will be available at the property for guests. Contactless hand sanitizer dispensing stations have been installed at the front entrance, as well as throughout the property.
- Cleaning and sanitizing checklists have been implemented among all of our staff for every shift, to ensure thorough and frequent cleaning and sanitizing of all shared workspaces, surfaces, as well as all areas touched by guests and staff.
- All staff will complete a wellness screening checklist at the start of their shift. Any staff member who feels ill in any way, has a temperature, or displays any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to return home and self-isolate. Our staff has been trained and educated on identifying these symptoms and on proper cleaning procedures and sanitizing methods.
- Any guests who appear sick or show symptoms of COVID-19 at check in will be referred to seek medical attention with local organizations.
- Front desk hours will occur on a limited schedule until August 2020, with front desk staff available daily from 12pm - 4pm, and also available on call outside of these hours.
- Guests needing service outside of these hours, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org OR call our after hours phone number: (415) 407-2059. We are happy to arrange check in with you outside of our limited service hours.
- We will have staff on-site and on-call at the building 24 hours a day.
Through this difficult time, we want you to know that in addition to our high standards of cleanliness, we have been taking proactive measures and steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. These measures include:
- Increased schedule of cleaning by housekeeping and front desk staff for all surfaces, including frequently touched surfaces such as: doorknobs, desks/tables, bathrooms, handrails/bannisters, kitchen surfaces, television remotes/computers, payment terminals, countertops, chairs, light switches etc.
- Increased supply and access to CDC approved disinfectant and cleaning supplies for our guests and staff
- Accountability through cleaning reports to the San Francisco Dept. of Public Health, as per guidelines.
- Cancellation of all hostel events and gatherings through the end of July (will be re-evaluated on a regular basis and extended if needed)
- Training and updates to staff regarding prevention techniques such as frequent hand-washing, use of gloves, frequent disinfecting of touched areas, use of hand sanitizer, no touching of face
- Information and educational signage at Music City Hotel reminding guests of proper prevention techniques and procedures as well as resources available to them
We ask you to join us during your stay in our commitment to cleanliness and safety as a part of a larger world and community. Please email us directly with any questions related to COVID-19 and/or cleanliness: email@example.com
We understand that COVID-19 has impacted travel plans in a variety of ways, we have extended flexible cancellation and modified our cancellation policies to the following
Applies to all reservations with check in date through the end of July, 2020 (will be re-evaluated on a weekly basis)
- Free cancellation for any persons who feel or appear sick
- For all non-refundable reservations, free cancellation offered up until 48 hours to check in date for any guests from WHO travel restricted countries, countries affected by U.S. travel restrictions, guests coming to attend events that are now canceled.
- For all flexible cancellation reservations, a 24 hours cancellation policy still applies, subject to news developments regarding the subjects above that affect the reservation
- If you feel the above policies do not apply to you or have a particular question or situation surrounding cancellation, please email us and let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org