Information Regarding COVID-19
The safety of our guests and staff is of utmost importance to us at Music City Hotel. Please know that we are continually monitoring the news surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, California Department of Public Health and the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
*UPDATE* - March 17th, 2020
Due to new regulations from the city and county of San Francisco, mandatory ‘lockdown in place’ orders have been established. All non-essential businesses are to remain closed, and the public is asked not to go outside other than for ‘essential trips’ to get food or receive healthcare. These regulations went into effect, 3/17/2020, and will remain in place until at least 4/7/2020.
Due to these orders, beginning 3/17/2020, we are limiting the level of service and operations at Music City Hotel and limiting some room types.
- Hostel dormitory rooms are currently closed to new reservations until 4/7/2020, or until city regulations change. All guests who currently have reservations with check in dates prior to 4/7, we have reached out to you regarding your plans. Current guests in house, we have reached out as well, please email us.
- Private rooms are still open, however are subject to local guidelines and limited service is in place as per below restrictions:
- Any guests who appear sick or show symptoms of COVID-19 at check in will be referred to seek medical attention with local authorities.
- We will still be providing daily cleaning of the building from our housekeeping team, with a limited staff and reduced hours. This means that the level of daily service to your room will be reduced. We will be cleaning and disinfecting all common areas daily such as bathrooms, handrails, door handles etc., so as to comply with City orders for cleaning standards during the crisis. The level of daily service to your room will be reduced. We will not be providing daily bed turn service during this time.
- Front desk operations will occur on a limited schedule, with front desk staff available daily from 12pm - 4pm
- Guests needing service outside of these hours, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org OR call our after hours phone number: (415) 407-2059
- We will have staff on-site and on-call at the building 24 hours a day during the shutdown
Through this difficult time, we want you to know that in addition to our high standards of cleanliness, we have been taking proactive measures and steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. These measures include:
- Increased schedule of cleaning by housekeeping and front desk staff for all surfaces and including frequently touched surfaces such as: doorknobs, desks/tables, bathrooms, handrails/bannisters, kitchen surfaces, television remotes/computers, payment terminals, countertops, chairs, light switches etc.
- Increased supply and access to CDC approved disinfectant and cleaning supplies for our guests and staff
- Accountability through cleaning reports to the San Francisco Dept. of Public Health, as per guidelines.
- Cancellation of all hostel events and gatherings through the end of April (will be re-evaluated on a regular basis and extended if needed)
- Training and updates to staff regarding prevention techniques such as frequent hand-washing, use of gloves, frequent disinfecting of touched areas, use of hand sanitizer, no touching of face
- We have advised our staff to stay at home if they feel sick
- Information and educational signage at Music City Hotel reminding guests of proper prevention techniques and procedures as well as resources available to them
We ask you to join us during your stay in our commitment to cleanliness and safety as a part of a larger world and community. Please email us directly with any questions related to COVID-19 and/or cleanliness: email@example.com
We understand that COVID-19 has impacted travel plans in a variety of ways, we have extended flexible cancellation and modified our cancellation policies to the following
Applies to all reservations with check in date through the end of May, 2020 (will be re-evaluated on a weekly basis)
- Free cancellation for any persons who feel or appear sick
- For all non-refundable reservations, free cancellation offered up until 48 hours to check in date for any guests from WHO travel restricted countries, countries affected by U.S. travel restrictions, guests coming to attend events that are now canceled.
- For all flexible cancellation reservations, 48 hours cancellation policy still applies, subject to news developments regarding the subjects above that affect the reservation
- If you feel the above policies do not apply to you or have a particular question or situation surrounding cancellation, please email us and let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org